Wednesday 30 January 2008

Week 2

FARMLAND
I took this picture on the road to York, I liked the lines of bushes that made a quadrant pattern on the land. I thought this was a good landscape I just wish there wasn't the power line in it other than that I really like the picture.


MINSTERI took this picture because it was my favorite view of the minster, I liked that it included the "Heart of York" in the center and all the twin towers. I think this a very impressive piece of architecture and I really enjoy this picture.

lOVELY LADY

The statues at the Minster were very beautiful and eye catching , I found this lovely lady and her facial expression really enticed me to take the picture. I think its a beautiful piece of artwork that deserves to be shown.


ARM AND ARMI found this little pair walking down the road and thought that it was cute because they were walking in the same stride, looking the same direction, and were matching. I like the picture because I think its just a cute couples shot and makes me a little sad because I don't have someone to walk arm and arm with.


FLOWERS
I found these two flowers tied to a bench on the wall surrounding the city of York and they were put there for the person whom the bench was dedicated to. I like the composition of the flowers because they aren't in a position that you would think a pair of flowers would be so its different and simple.

NIGHT PATH
I took this shot walking up from the bridge back to the castle I like how after just a few feet a everything begins to fade almost like the path of life you can see a little into your future but beyond that is darkness/uncertainty of what lies in your future. I like what this picture represents to me and that's my unknowing future.


BENCH MOSAIC

I took this picture during class for the linear assignment. I found this beautiful bench and I love how much dimension the picture has and how it makes the bench look extremely long. I added the mosaic filter to the picture to make it abstract and I think it makes it look like it might be a mural on a wall and not a real bench.


OLDIES ON THE MOVE
I found these two endearing old ladies on the street arm and arm helping each other through the extreme winds. They were so cute and I felt bad that they looked like they were having trouble walking in the wind, so they were walking quite slow . I like the picture but I wish I could have had a different background.


CEILING MASTERPIECE
This is the ceiling in the minster, I found that it was amazing how they made this incredible building without the cranes or the tools we have today. I liked how the light is directed in the middle and it slowly fades out to the sides even though I did not use any effects on this picture its just how it turned out .



FENCE POSTI thought that the top of this post was very interesting and I included my feet because I thought it gave the picture size distortion and made the piece more interesting. I like how without the title you might not be able to tell what the object was so it leaves a little mystery.

No comments: